High load consent
Transporting high loads can pose a risk when routes are not inspected properly. Overhead lines clearance from the road surface may have changed overtime
as a result of road resurfacing, vehicle coming in contact with the poles or soil disturbances caused by nature.
A High Load consent is required when transporting loads with an overall height of 4.8 metres and higher to secure electricity supply and ensure safety
to the general public. Approval will be given based on the height and application time frames stated below.
- Trigger Height 1 (4.8m – 5.0m) 2 working days
- Trigger Height 2 (5.1m – 5.3m) 3 working days
- Trigger Height 3 (5.4m – 5.9m) 5 working days
- Trigger Height 4 (6.0m – 6.2m) 10 working days
For loads higher than 6.2 metres please contact Orion’s authorised lines contractors listed below:
- Connetics 03 353 7200
- Independent Lines Services 03 358 0037
- Lemacon 0800 333 075
If you are concerned about the safety of any power lines, please call our emergency 24 hour contact centre on (03) 363 9898 or 0800 363 9898.
Apply for a high load consent